Venezuela Research Grants
The Center for Latin American Studies invites proposals for Stanford graduate student-led research in Venezuela. Through a generous gift from the Gran Mariscal de Ayacucho Foundation, CLAS will distribute grants of up to $3,000 for approved proposals.
- Cover sheet must include name, SUNet ID, Student ID Number, email, department, research title, location, dates of travel, and amount requested.
- Brief research proposal narrative (1-2 page max)
- Complete itemized budget ( i.e. airfare, lodging, local transportation)
- Graduate transcript
- Letter of recommendation from your advisor
Please submit a complete application and materials via the online form available here.
Advisors must submit their letter of recommendation via the online form available here.
For research taking place October 2019-February 2020, submit application and materials by Fri., Nov 1, 2019. The letter of recommendation should be received by this date as well.
For research taking place March-August 2020, submit application and materials by Wed., Feb 5, 2020.
Upon completion of the research, students are expected to:
- Provide CLAS with a written report of the research conducted
- Give a presentation at CLAS, to be arranged with the Student Services Administrator, on research findings