Venezuela Research Grants
The Center for Latin American Studies invites proposals for Stanford graduate student-led research in Venezuela. Through a generous gift from the Gran Mariscal de Ayacucho Foundation, CLAS will distribute grants of up to $3,000 for approved proposals.
- Cover sheet must include name, SUNet ID, Student ID Number, email, department, research title, location, dates of travel, and amount requested.
- Brief research proposal narrative (1-2 page max)
- Complete itemized budget ( i.e. airfare, lodging, local transportation)
- Graduate transcript
- Letter of recommendation from your advisor
We have two deadlines for funding, the first is October 15, 2022 and the second is February 15, 2023. Application and materials must be submitted by the deadlines. The letter of recommendation should be received by the deadlines as well.
Upon completion of the research, students are expected to:
- Provide CLAS with a written report of the research conducted
- Give a presentation at CLAS, to be arranged with the Student Services Officer, on research findings
Contact us with any questions by email at latinamerica [at] stanford.edu