The Center for Latin American Studies invites proposals for Stanford graduate students to attend and present on topics related to Latin America at academic conferences. CLAS will distribute travel grants of up to $500 for approved proposals.
- Cover sheet (name, SUNet ID, Student ID Number, email, department, conference name, dates of conference, amount requested)
- Brief proposal narrative
- Complete itemized budget
- Graduate transcripts
- Letter of recommendation from the advisor
- Letter of acceptance to conference
Please submit complete proposals to CLAS.
Awardees are expected to:
- Submit a one-page report of the conference presentation ready to be posted in our website AND a complete budget report within 30 days after the completion of their travel.
- Be ready to give a presentation on research findings, if requested by CLAS