Venezuela Field Research Grant
The Center for Latin American Studies invites proposals for Stanford graduate student-led research in Venezuela. Through a generous gift from the Gran Mariscal de Ayacucho Foundation, CLAS will distribute grants of up to $3,000 for approved proposals.
- Cover sheet must include name, SUNet ID, Student ID Number, email, department, research title, location, dates of travel, and amount requested.
- Brief research proposal narrative (1-2 page max)
- Complete itemized budget ( i.e. airfare, lodging, local transportation)
- Graduate transcript
- Letter of recommendation from your advisor
Applications for winter break/quarter are due by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time) on November 1, 2023.
Applications for spring break/quarter are due by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time) on January 30, 2024.
Applications for summer quarter are due by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time) on April 1, 2024.
Upon completion of the research, students are expected to:
- Provide CLAS with a written report of the research conducted
- Give a presentation at CLAS, to be arranged with the Student Services Officer, on research findings
Contact us with any questions by email at latinamerica [at] stanford.edu (latinamerica[at]stanford[dot]edu)